carefully controlled systems of manufacturing are used in its production. n
Larry Keener is president and chief executive officer of International Product
Safety Consultants, Inc. (IPSC). He is an
inaugural member of Food Safety Magazine’s editorial advisory board.
Jerry Roberts is an accomplished executive leader within the consumer packaged goods industry. He is a long time
member of the Food and Nutritional Science Advisory Board at Tuskegee University.
1. Salin, V., S. Darmasena, A. Wong and P. Luo.
2005. Food product recalls in the USA, 2000–
2003: Research update presented at the
Annual Meeting of the Food Distribution
4. Crosby, P. 1979. Quality is free: The art of making quality certain. New York: McGraw-Hill.
5. Crosby, P. 1985. Quality improvement through defect prevention. Phillip Crosby and Associates.
7. Deming, W. E. 1993. The new economics for industry, government, education. Cambridge, MA:
8. Keener, L. 1999. Is HACCP enough for ensuring food safety? Food Testing and Analysis, 5.
9. Keener, L. 2001. Buying into HACCP. Meat Processing Magazine September.
10. Keener, L. 2001. HACCP: A view to the bottom line. Food Testing and Analysis.
11. U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. 21CFR 123 - FDA Seafood HACCP Regulations.
12. U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. 21CFR 113 - FDA Low Acid Canned Foods Regulations.
14. Shapiro, R. L., C. Hatheway and D. L. Swerdlow. 1998. Botulism in the United States: A clinical
and epidemiologic review. Ann Intern Med 129( 3):221-8.
17. Shewhart, W. A. 1986. Statistical methods from the viewpoint of quality control. New York:
18. McDermott, R.E. et al. 1996. The basics of FMEA. Portland, OR: Productivity Press.
19. Dailey, K. W. 2004. The FMEA pocket handbook. DW Publishing Company.
20. Taylor, W.A. 1998. Methods and tools for process validation: Global Harmonization Task Force
Study Group #3. Taylor Enterprises.
21. Hojo, T. 2004. Quality management systems: Process validation guidance, Global Harmonization Task Force, Study Group #3, Edition 2.
22. Cole, M., D. Hoover, C. Stewart and L. Keener. 2011. New tools for microbiological risk assessment, risk management, and process validation methodology. In: H. Q. Zhang et al. (eds.)
Nonthermal processing technologies for food. Wiley Press.
AOCS has the winning hand when
it comes to your laboratory needs.
AOCS Technical Services provides the necessary resources
for your lab’s quality and reputation. A sure bet since 1909.
; Analytical Methods
; Laboratory Pro;ciency Program
; Certi;ed Reference Materials
; Approved Chemist Program